<< Return to main page
Here's a list of old episodes in date order! There have been some great conversations so feel free to binge them all!
<< Back to main page
Episode 82 - Curing Product Diseases with a Radical Product Vision (with Radhika Dutt, Author "Radical Product Thinking")
Diversity & Inclusion
Episode 82: Curing Product Diseases with a Radical Product VisionRadhika Dutt, Author "Radical Product Thinking"
28 Sep 2021
About the Episode
An interview with Radhika Dutt. Radhika is a product leader, consultant & author of "Radical Product Thinking" who has decided it is time to step away from building products incrementally & flying by the seat of your pants. Instead, she advocates creating a radical product vision, aligning the company around it and defining where you want to go and not how fast you get there.
We speak about a lot, including:
- The story of the book, some of the early feedback she's received and how rewarding it is to see it landing with non-product people and product people alike
- How she set out to create a book that mixed vision with practicality, and bringing a truly global perspective rather than just another Silicon Valley tech bro book
- How seeing the same problems again & again led her to create a free framework to help solve them, and how this spurred the need for a book
- The audience for her book, the vision she had in mind, and how she wants people not to just prioritise the speed of their car but also where they're driving to
- Whether she has a problem with the Lean Startup (!), whether her book replaces or is a compliment to it, and why you only really get a few pivots
- The importance of going beyond the Big Hairy Audacious Goal, creating a detailed vision up front and aligning your team around it
- The list of "product diseases", whether a radical product vision cures them all, and some examples of how they can afflict a business
- How to make sure everyone, including leadership, is behind the vision; the tools you can use to drive this, and the concept of vision debt
- The product hippocratic oath - how we as a product professionals need to ensure we do no harm and actively work to create better change in the world
And much more!
Buy Radical Product Thinking
"Iteration rules product development, but it isn't enough to produce dramatic results. This book champions Radical Product Thinking, a systematic methodology for building visionary, game-changing products."
Visit the book website or check it out on Amazon or Goodreads.
You can find Radhika on Twitter or LinkedIn
Related episodes you should like:
Copyright © 2020-2024 One Knight in Product