<< Return to main page
Here's a list of old episodes in date order! There have been some great conversations so feel free to binge them all!
<< Back to main page
Episode 49 - Surviving a Lack of Product Thinking & Riding the Product Maturity Curve (with Nis Frome, VP Product @ Feedback Loop)
Episode 49: Surviving a Lack of Product Thinking & Riding the Product Maturity CurveNis Frome, VP Product @ Feedback Loop
21 Apr 2021
About the Episode
An interview with Nis Frome. Nis is the co-founder and VP of Product at Feedback Loop, an agile research platform. Nis took over as VP of Product after wearing many other hats. He's also a mentor and podcaster, with a keen interest in sharing with the community and helping to inspire other product managers with thought leadership.
We talk about a lot, including:
- What made him go into entrepreneurship straight out of college
- Why he took over the product function and whether it was a classic case of executive swoop in
- How real world product management can differ so much from what's in the books
- How to avoid getting depressed if everything's not like the books on day one
- How to land the message about good product management practices with execs who haven't read said books
- Whether a product manager on the ground can fix a poorly performing organisation on their own
- The importance of connecting the dots and understanding how a product manager's decisions drive outcomes
- How different people and teams in a company can be on different parts of the product maturity curve and whether this matters
- Effectively segmenting your customers and working out how to prioritise when their needs are different
And much more!
Listen to Nis's podcast
It's ok, we can have an open relationship. Check out Nis's podcast This is Product Management.
You can reach out to Nis on LinkedIn or Twitter.
Related episodes you should like:
Copyright © 2020-2024 One Knight in Product